Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP) : A JOURNEY WHICH CANNOT BE FORGOTTEN..



When there is a doubt.. GOOGLE :)

Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)

You cannot know on how much excited i am right now writing this review for one of the most prestigious examination of Security Industry. OSCP (Offensive Security Certified Professional)

Whenever I used to read a review I used to ask myself on I am ever going to write one and YES I TRIED HARDER..

This has been itching me back from the BACKTRACK days which finally ended in KALI.

Here are some thoughts of mine for this awesome TRANCE JOURNEY :)

I have been hearing about the Methodologies of PenTesting since the start of my career but came to know about its real importance through the lab environment that was provided as a part of OSCP examination. You will get complete exposure towards various steps like Reconnaissance, Enumeration, Vulnerability Assessment, Exploitation and Reporting.

And believe me by the end of 1st machine in the labs you will come to know the importance of Information Gathering and why people say that the more you know your target the easier is to attack it.

You can check out the details about the exam and things HERE

HERE is a Link to the Syllabus of the course

The course has some awesome data with respect to Kali Environment and basic LINUX scripting and administration along with some cool tools introduction as well. It also mentions about various techniques and methodologies for various phases of a pen test and gives you an awesome feeling on how an attacker actually attacks.

I was like. Seriously.... Kewwwwwwwwwwwwwlllllll....

Here are some pointers from my side:

You should concentrate on the following stuff:

  • Linux Basic Commands Administration
  • Windows Command Line(LINK)
  • Linux Command Line (LINK)

These guys are just amazing.. :)

  • OWASP Top 10 (LINK)
  • Basics of Scripting- Choose your language. Bash or python will be a good choice
  • VulnHub (LINK)

This is pretty amazing and a good place to start. There are a lot of things to learn on this link for sure :)

I would say no other certification was able to make me learn and i mean it, it made me learn stuff. And the credit goes to the Awesome LAB ENVIRONMENT. Ofcourse the exam teaches you a lot of stuff as well, one of them being able to perform under pressure.  

Some more links for your access and reference are as below:

And i totally was addicted to this website throughout my whole OSCP journey. Sometimes scared, sometimes demotivated and sometimes very motivated.. This link has it all
I will keep on adding whenever i have time :)

P.S: Don't forget to jazz up your playlist of your favorite music. It is very important :):)


No comments:

Post a Comment